Thursday, April 28, 2011
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
So off I went to get the boxes and sleeves, and last night and this morning I started. I had bought colored sleeves, so it made sense to me to put series of dies all in the same color. Uh oh- I put the Dies To Match in yellow sleeves, one die per sleeve, and soon ran out of yellow. I was going to go buy more, and thinking about the gas to get there, when it occurred to me: Hey! They are just paper and an acrylic window. Well darn! I've got all of that (and more!) right here!!
I started out by cutting the paper 6 inches wide, but now I think you should cut it just under 6 inches, because they are pretty tight in the boxes. I used 12 x 12 paper, and got two sleeves per sheet.
So cut the 12 x 12 just under 6 inches wide by 10.75 inches long. Put the paper on the right side of your score board, and score at one inch and at the 6 inch mark. Darn, it is so hard to show score lines in a photo!
Turn the paper, and put it on the left side of the board- score at .5 inch. Turn the paper and score the other side at one half inch. You want each side flap to end up one half inch, and the middle section to be just under 5 inches wide. I think, lol, I actually didn't measure my middle, but the math says so.
Using a circle Nestability, cut a circle in the 'square' section with the one inch flap. This is the front.
Use an Xacto to put a semi-circle flap holder in the center of the opposite side, just about .5 inches from the edge. The flap holder is on the opposite side of the one inch flap.
Apply the window, making sure it is on the side with the bumps of the scores, since the flaps will fold in to the bumps. Hope that makes sense!!
This sounds confusing, but really, it's pretty easy! Except now I need to order another package of acrylic card stock. lol lol lol~~
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Sunday, April 3, 2011
I started with the card from the front of the March/April 2010 Paper Crafts magazine, made by Heidi Van Laar. What a great card that is! I've been eyeing it all year, since my Mother is an artist and has a series of paintings with sticks attached to them, and she has an April birthday.
I wanted the blending to bring a setting sun to the scene, but as I started to sponge on the Enchanted Evening ink I could see that if I blended too much more it would be too dark- so I just ended early, lol.