Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cupcakes!

I did it. I bought some cupcakes. I have not been so fond of all of the cupcakes, but these spoke to me~ of course, it was the first stop on our Shop Hop, after the flat tire, and before dinner. Maybe I was hungry!

The cupcakes are by Impression Obsession, and they just scream glitter and sparkle, don't you think? The pink layer is SU's Pretty In Pink embossed with the CB Swirls EF. I then went around the raised edges with a glitter pen.

I punched out a green print from Nana's Nursery (from a small pack, 4 x 6) with a Fiskars edge punch. The card base is a print from the stash, it has little sparkles in the middle of the flowers. White daisies are from Jolees, and the ribbon is from Papertrey.


I think if you make the picture larger you will be able to see that the cupcake liners are paper pieced using a SU print paper. The cupcakes were colored with Prisma markers, then each of them has some sort of glitter or sparkle added as well.

One of the friends who gets my cards thinks I need to add more glitter, lol- this one is for her!

I forgot to take a picture of the inside, but at Absolutely Everything in Topsfield, MA, I found a stamp by Stampendous that says 'Everyone knows...birthday calories don't count!!!' Actually, Absolutely Everything had the cupcake stamp, too!


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Very pretty card Beth! Those cupcakes look yummy! I love the colors you used and the paper pieced cupcake liners. Sorry to hear about your flat tire. I hope it didn't dampen your day too much.