Monday, June 28, 2010

Just a pretty Birthday card

When it comes to cardmaking, I'm rarely a leader- most often I am just a follower- a follower of trends, of styles, and of products. Many a time I have spent over $100.00 just to make one card, lol. Yes, it's true; Hallmark would be much cheaper!

This is the first time I have used the little preglued pearls that form a flourish. I am sure I need Zva pearls since everyone else but me is using them- but I can't find any in the store, so I got these instead. Hard to see on the printed paper in the photo, not so hard to see in real life.


Flowers are Prima; gosh I sure do love the ones they are coming out with now! Do yo remember the little paper flowers we all loved 4 or 5 years ago, lol? Yes, I too have pails full of them, but never use them... I just love the bigger, more realistic ones so much better!


The leaves are hand cut from Papertrey's Simply Chartreuse felt -such a lovely organic color. The ribbon is Simply Chartreuse Swiss Dots. The sentiment is an older SU one, stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on some Sweet Blush cut with a nestability tag- and that little butterfly sticker finishes off that bow perfectly!

1 comment:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card! You can see the pearls and they are so pretty added to this.