Wednesday, October 6, 2010

PTI vs. Gina K.

I confess, I just love any pastel baby kinda paper. I am a sucker for matchy matchy, which is one of the reasons I love PTI so much. Then again, I love the Gina K Stamp TV videos- I mean, she can whip out a card in 4 minutes flat, by golly! How I envy that!! Since Gina K. also sells pastels, i thought I owed her a thanks for all that video watching, and bought her Spring pack of papers...and some inks to match.

I borrowed the design-ok, it's a direct copy- from somewhere. Maybe on SCS for the stamp set? I made one with PTI papers (the left) and one with Gina K. (the right). Same embossing folders on the blue strip and the pink backgrounds. Different Copics and Prisma markers for the coloring so each image would match it's papers.
I like the PTI better. Gina K.'s blue is a wee bit green, which is ok. Her pink is deeper, which I can use for baby cards. The yellow, though, is much too bright for my taste; I would not call it a pastel. That's ok, of course, just not for my average every day baby card. I love the Gina K. green, though! A good match for SU's Certainly Celery- but it is much heavier, of course. PTI does not have a green such as this, so it is a great addition to my pastel rainbow on the table!
Hope you enjoyed this comparison!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

super Beth, I do love the PTI colours but was thinking of getting some GinaK, now I'm much better informed, must have the green!

Missouri City Furniture Cleaning said...

Thanks great blog.