My page is a single one this month; it is the first page of one of the grandbaby books- and yes, I am only 4 years late for getting this done, lol- hence the challenges for me!
All of the scrapbooks for my DD #2 have been titled like this: 2004: The Year of the Train (when one of the grands loved Thomas, 2005: the year of the house- when there was a new house for them. Since this really is one of a series of books for them, it drives the title page for this album!!
The paper I used is purchased from a person who sells digital papers, but I did not download them- she did. She sells kits with names and dates that you want, in the colors you want. I have lost the tag that came with these pages, but I can search harder if anyone is desparate to know- let me know, lol!!
I decided I wanted to try and only use paper and words- no paper buttons, or paper ribbon, or any other embellishment- just plain old paper and ink!!
I needed to get everything pretty straight, since the paper is printed with a very straight font. So here's how I did that:
First I anchored the page to my Making Memories magnetic mat, then I took some of Papertrey's Bakers Twine and achored it with magnets down the center line of the page as well as across the point where I wanted the stamped words to be.
Lol, then I stopped and did the math for how many letters I would have, and the spaces, and where the center of the sentiment would fall. I also did some math for where the words would start and stop on the paper, but I had such a hard time with this one I can't show you the scratch paper I worked that out on, lol lol lol!!
Once I had the letters on the block, I checked for straightness and auditioned different inks, and ultimately used Enchanted Evening- the teensy bit of blue paper under the photo is Enchanted Evening as well. By the way, the light blue paper came with the kit, so I do not know who makes it.
I cut the twine when I actually stamped the words, since I needed to have a visual clue both left and right to line up with.
I didn't like how the letters looked just stamped, so I colored some of the words with a Dark Green Prisma marker- they have a really fine point, so that worked well. I stamped the word year on Enchanted Evening paper and cut it out and glued the letters over the word I had stamped.