Sunday, February 27, 2011

February Papertrey Pages

Our challenge this month was to help celebrate Papertrey's Birthday/Anniversary by making Birthday or Anniversary pages, and use a Papertrey birthday set if you could.


Now, during all of the February festivities there were challenges I would like to have participated in, but couldn't. I decided to try and get some of those inspiring ideas in these pages.
Look familiar? One of the new challenges from Papertrey will happen every Monday- make It Monday's, to be exact. MIM #1 was to use sentiments all lined up- well, just go see it here. I wasn't able to participate in the challenge, but the idea was rumbling around in my brain!

There are sentiments from 9 different sets on the page, lol. I used a 4 x 4 acrylic block, so it fit on a 12 x 12 sheet perfectly.



Here it is not quite done. I filled in with some small sentiments, and had to go in with a black pen and darken up some of the missing letters.

I made 2, of course. Here they are as my pages!!


'Wes is one' is cut with the Cricut Cartridge Base Camp and glittery paper- it sure is fun!!


Remember the glitter challenge? How about glitter icicles? I didn't use Scor-Tape, I bought a Xyron machine and ran punched out icicles through for sticky, and used Martha Stewart snow glitter.
The journaling spot is done with a plastic template thing that you sponge ink over- the bottom portion is blank so the DD can fill in whatever she wants.


The birthday hats are made with the Cricute cartridge Birthday Bash and 2009 Bitty Polka Dots. The penguins are done with Create a Critter. The tiny blue glitter letters are Making Memories.
There is a ton going on in these pages, so if you have questions, just ask, lol!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job incorporating so many challenges, Beth! I love the paper you created. But really, that little Cutie of yours steals the show on this page. (As it should be!)

Lee Anne said...

Wow! I love how you did the background paper with the technique from the first MIM. You filled it in perfectly. I love to use my Xyron for adhering glitter too - makes life easier! Your layout is wonderful and I know your daughter appreciates all of the hard work you put into each one.

Tricia said...

Your scrapbook page turned out great.