Sunday, February 20, 2011

Papertrey's Make It Monday~


Papertrey has a new method of issuing challenges- but I know you know that!


Last Monday, the challenge was to use a vellum strip. You know, vellum is not so easy to work with; it doesn't absorb ink well, and you can see through it.

My card is made with
Papertrey's Stamper's Select, Blueberry Sky, and the Spring Rain paper from the bitty Stars collection. Each of those is cut with the smaller Edger's #1 die, then sponged with both Chamomile and Chai ink.


Papertrey sells two kinds of
vellum, I used the linen here. It has a visible little square pattern to it. I stamped my sentiment with Stazon ink, and the rest of the forum was correct- it dried fairly quickly and isn't going to smear- I hope!

The image was stamped with
Fresh Snow, then outlined with a Versamark pen, similar to how Nichole outlined with a Copic- I just wanted a softer version. I distressed the edges of each layer a bit, then applied a silk bow in a blue that is close enough. The little star over the wee babe has a teensy bit of glitter on it just for fun~

Enjoy
!

No comments: