Saturday, March 12, 2011

Distressed Over Distressing?

It's true, I generally do not use distressing in my baby cards. Truth be told, I collect antiques, and I sort of roll my eyes at attempts to make modern things look old and aged. Meaning, when I buy antiques, I don't want them torn, rolled, brown and dirty, kwim? Lol, lol, lol...

In addition, since you often do the distressing towards the end of your creating, you can really mess up big time if you don't like the tear or ink you added at the edges....

So, I'll stop whining- here's my addition to the distressing challenge; I tried to add as much distressing as I could bear!

There's the carriage from Bitty Baby Blessings, colored with Copics to match Blueberry Sky paper. I left it in the nesty die, and sponged on some yellow ink from Studio G. Next I sponged Chai along the edges.

The finished carriage was layered on a scalloped oval which I tried to curl a little. Note that when you layer the oval on, the distressing you do to the scallops can't be seen!

I stamped one of the polka dot basics backgrounds onto more Blueberry Sky with Versamark ink, then stamped the sentiment from Baby Button Bits in Dark Chocolate ink. Tore along the edges, then inked those torn edges with Chai.

Both were placed on a layer of Dark Chocolate stamped with bigger polka dot basics in Fresh Snow. Did the edges of that layer with a sharp edge, curled them up a little, and put on 2 brads that hold ribbon. That's the thinnest Papertrey silk ribbon, and a wheensy organdy bow.

Just thought there was too much empty space at the bottom, so added a little peek!

No comments: