Friday, January 2, 2009

First 2009 Christmas Card!

You'd think I was ready to move on to Baby Card City this week- like, Christmas is over, right? And, you'd think I could stick with a New Year's resolution to slow down buying stamps for more than 1/2 a day, right? Wrong, both counts. I made 4 Christmas cards last night with the stamps I bought at a LSS that were 50% off. If you are close to Dover, NH, then get yourself to Stamped Designs, because almost all of the Christmas stamps are 50% off! This sweet one cost me less than $5.00!

The Penny Black Winter Bough #3508K image was colored with SU's water based markers (Old Olive, Real Red, Certainly Celery, close to Cocoa and another lighter brown), then spritzed with water from a spray bottle and stamped on SU's Shimmer White. This was the first image, but I had a second sheet of paper ready and stamped again without remisting, so got 2 images from one set up.

The Seasons' Greetings sentiment is from Rubber Soul.

The image is matted on Papertrey's Ripe Avocado, then popped up on a piece of imported paper with a red and green pattern- then all was layered on a Ripe Avocado card. Finished size is A-6.

Maybe one of my 'resolutions' should be to do a Christmas card or two per week?

No comments: