Monday, January 26, 2009

Pergamano Valentine


So! Here's a new technique for me! The Pergamano 'series' if you will, is working on parchment papers to draw, paint, emboss and all kinds of piercings to make beautiful patterns. For my birthday last week I got paper and patterns, white ink and the pen, plus a piercing tool.
I copied the pattern in the white ink, and pierced the holes according to the pattern as well. I put a layer of pink Prisma pencil under the heart, then smeared it around with a paper towel and baby oil. I'm still not sure that it is dry, lol! I then pierced around the edge, as close as my eyes would allow, and tore the piece away from the large sheet to make a 'ruffled' edge. The sparkly hearts are rub-ons from Michaels. It's layered onto Papertrey's Sweet Blush that has been punched with a Fiskers Heart punch.
I know, I know, the hearts are upside down- oh well, it still looks good. The parchment is quite thick, so I have a bit of monoadhesive on the pink layer to hold the parchment piece down. So far, so good! It's finished with a Papertrey's Sweet Blush Swiss Dots ribbon.
If you go to SCS and search for Pergamano, you'll find other cards of this genre!

2 comments:

k prakken said...

Wow. What a beautiful card. I love the soft colors.

Monica said...

I absolutly LOVE that Border Punch! I need to find one!!

Super Cute Card Beth!!!

~Monica~