Friday, January 30, 2009

A Quilted Valentine

The Casual Midweek Challenge #38 on the Papertrey forum was a second quilt challenge- use Papertrey's Quilt stamps to make a Valentines day card. Since I am a prolific quilter, you'd think this would be easy for me. Nope, think again. Just wanted you to see my table in the beginning of my thought process... How many tries before I came up with a pattern? Oh, 10, maybe!






I wanted to use Sunbonnet Sue and Sam, so I also wanted the card to have colors that reflected the era~ ca 1940's. Well, I didn't have Sears green, lol, and I had to use Pure Poppy since it was Valentines, and Lemon Tart wasn't going to be visible enough... well... almost, lol.

The lace is sticky tape from K & Co., the ribbon is Papertrey. The tiny heart is from Heart Prints, but I think the sentiment is from Heart Prints Sentiments.

Sometimes I think maybe I don't remember to give you all of the supplies I used, I hope you will ask if I leave something out!

4 comments:

Donelda said...

this is lovely Beth! I really like the colors you chose!! and the K&Co lace looks great!! I always mean to do the mid week challenges but I never seem to have the time to get them done :-) Thanks for the inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth :)
I love your card !! and especialy the lace you added !!

Thanks for posting my card : you're sweet !
I keep your blog !in my fav !
have a great day

Jen Caputo said...

oh how awesome! Love how fun and festive this is!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job!