Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Valentine and a Baby!



My DD made this sweet baby card, I just had to show you before we send it to the hospital. We both got the Sizzlet button die from Stampin' Up!- she used hers and mine is still in the wrap, lol. Looks like I need to get mine out!

The onsie from By Ones & By Twos is paper pieced from a lighter print of the DP Muirfield, and the layer is a brighter paper from that set. The buttons were punched from Baha Breeze and Kiwi Kiss, the layer under the onside is also Kiwi Kiss. There is natural hemp just strung through the buttons, and they are set up on dimensionals. Cute, Cute Cute!

Now for something completely different~


This Raspberry Valentine is made using the Cutttlebug Swirls folder, and Papertrey's Raspberry Fizz paper and Swiss Dots ribbons, along with their set HeartPrints. The hearts are stamped in Raspberry Fizz ink, dried, cut out by hand, then smooshed in Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. The glitter heart was smooshed on a glue pad, then covered in glitter. After about 12 hours of drying, I tapped off the excess glitter. The smaller white heart was cut out using the smallest nestability scalloped heart, and stamped with I Love You from the smaller Out on A Limb from Papertrey. I think if you didn't get the original Out On a Limb set, you can't get the small sentiments anymore. Sad for you, since this one works so well here! The dimensional wouldn't stick to the glittered heart, so I used a bit of Crystal Effects to hold it on. Worked like a charm! I had rounded the edges of the card with a corner rounder before I decided to use the ribbon, I suggest you leave the left hand corners square to have the ribbon 'sit' better.
1 Valentine down, 99 more to go, lol!!

3 comments:

xiumaiyuki said...

Very pretty card! perfect for Vday! I am, too, in love with PTI Raspberry Fizz. Oh, heck, I'm in love with everything PTI offers!

Monica said...

I LOVE that Valentines card! It's too cute! I didnt get heart prints but just may have to "Borrow" it from Bev! LOL

Thanks for sharing!
~Monica~

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!