Friday, May 22, 2009

SPICE'ing Katies card!

During last month's Papertrey Blog Hop, Katie Rentz showed a perfect (to me) baby card. You can see it here. Wasn't that sweet? For me a perfect baby card is quick, few layers and embellies (to keep the cost low), and be made of things I have on the shelf, lol. Katie did me such a favor by showing that card!!

My version here combined the sentiments she used on the box as well, and I also stamped the bottom Spring Rain layer. It looked great at first, but that Spring Rain ink is pretty finicky, and faded away quickly. Still, in the hand you can see the stamped image, and it looks good.

But then just a day later, the Bitty Stars paper arrived, so I did it again~ even cuter the second time!



Stampers Select, Spring Rain, Bitty Stars and Bitty Dots papers
Versafine Onyx Black ink, Papertrey Spring Rain ink
SU Nursery Necessities for the first star
Sentiments from Papertrey Baby Favors and Everyday Classics
Lemon Tart Twill and Spring Rain Gingham ribbons
Martha Stewart border punch, SU large Star Punch
Diaper pin embellishment from unknown source
Inspiration from Katie Rentz

1 comment:

Kevin Renz said...

Hey Beth! Your card turned out fabo. So glad you were inspired. Sorry it took forever to get back to you... I appreciated the e-mail you sent me! Hope you enjoyed the weekend.