Sunday, July 12, 2009

CHA and Washday

So, the DH takes the car and heads off to Colorado- with me staying home to work. He got 24 + hours into the trip, west of St. Louis, and the 'head' blew up. Now, I don't know much about car engines, but he was given three options- rebuild just the head and hope everything else is ok (like the pistons), buy a used engine, or buy a new car. The latter was my pick, but I lost. He went for the cheapest, get the head rebuilt. Sadly, that's a 10 day process. so he sits in St. Louis, dropped out of the Hardrock 100 uktramarathon, is watching Lance on the Tour on TV, and emailing home when he can get computer time.

I think we just spent the CHA money on the car... and I was going to drive it to New Jersey to get my mom and get on the train down there... I think I won't feel like I can trust the car... and I know that on midnight of the 14th I'll end up buying all of the July releases from Papertrey anyway... sigh. The girl has no restraint.

Ok, onto today's baby card!




I'm still trying to reorganize a little bit in the stamp room, and came across a stash of SU's Washday wheel images I have never colored. My 3 yo grandson was at the table snipping up little pieces of paper, so I grabbed one of the images and colored quickly. Didn't turn out too bad for the lack of attention, lol, so it became a card!

That's a dark green Bazzil paper, with the fold on the left side. A dp from SU's Tea Party is layered, and pieced on the sentiment box from SU's Cute & Cuddly. 2 different Bashful Blue ribbons form a layer under the image, and 3 Kiwi Kiss corduroy buttons with the brad part snapped off are glued on with glue dots.


I punched out the sentiment with the SU scallop square, which left a little white area around the box- so rather than cut it close with scissors and mounting it on a layer, I just took the Bashful Blue SU marker and colored in the white edge! It's mounted to the Washday image with adhesive, but has a dimensional under the bottom edge to keep it level.

So enjoy yourselves in Orlando, and post lots of pictures to your blogs!

3 comments:

Sandy in Epping said...

Oh no! What a disappointing time for both of you! Poor car,too. So very sorry that you aren't going to CHA, but, the upset doesn't show in your fine work. Meanwhile you can have a blast at the release party on the 14th.

Aimes said...

Oh Beth I'm sorry to hear about your car troubles - must be the time for them as mine's going to cost me a small fortune too :O(
We'll have to drown our sorrows in this months release party!
Lovely card btw, so sweet!
Aimes
x

Karen B said...

Don't you just hate how cars seem to know when we have plans for ourselves and they jump in with one of their own? I hope it all works out for you and you get to enjoy CHA in spite of it all.