Friday, October 3, 2008

Casual Midweek Challenge # 16


My mojo seems to be napping today~ I struggled to get two cards out today! I musta stayed up late listening to the debate! Sarah Palin tried to convince me she is just like me, lol, and I am in no way ready to be the Vice President. I'll vote Democratic this time, just like every other time, lol.


If you are wondering why almost all of my cards are baby cards: My daughter and I make and sell about 40 cards per month to the hospital where I work. Each family gets a 'welcome baby' card signed by the staff who have cared for them. I like the cards to be all different but often run out of ideas; doing challenges are a good way to keep the cards diverse.

The hospital where I work has recieved the award of Baby-Friendly from the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative of the USA. You can read about the designation of Baby-Friendly here. One of the components of being Baby-Friendly is to not promote bottles or pacifiers. As such, none of the cards we make have pacifiers or bottles.

Well, I hope you like this one! The photo does not show that the background is stamped all over with yellow polka dots~ I just love polka dots!


Stamps:Papertrey Favor It Baby, Borders and Corners Circle; Stampin Up! Along The Same Lines
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; SU Baha Breeze, Apricot Appeal; PTI Summer Sunrise
Paper: PTI Lemon Tart; SU Whisper White, Baha Breeze
Other: SU Baha Breeze Striped Grosgrain ribbon

No comments: