Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Halloween!


Now then! Here is an example of what I like to do best- dark, scary...oh, sorry, only kidding.
I love to make background papers. That's right, I only stamp so I can use the papers I make.

The Inkadinkado bat and sentiment are stamped on a background of alcohol inks on Chromekote. The moon was cut from one piece, and layered on a second piece that was done with the same colors, plus black. The second layer down is stamped with clouds from Stampscapes. I use Archival Ink in Jetblack- Archival inks work very well on alcohol inks.

These two layers then went on a piece of painted paper. That piece is rice paper, painted with Jacquard Lumiere and Neopaque paints. Ribbon is from Michaels, one of their Halloween rolls. I hadn't planned on doing the Happy Halloween sentiment, but had to cover up a bit of a boo-boo in the inked piece. I don't often use ribbons, but hey, it's Halloween!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW Beth - that's ait stunning - I love the backgrounds and the at of course - it's so good - might have to case...

Barbara DeBose said...

The bat is amazing! and your background is out of this world!!

Unknown said...

OMGoodness Beth this is just amazing!! You made that ??!! Awesome! :)

Mary I said...

Beth, your alcohol ink cards always blow me away. Very nice work!

Annapurna said...

Woooow! I love the papers you created. Very nicely done!

I have so much patterned paper, but never seem to find the right one when I am doing a project. So just like you, I make my own.

One Creative Life said...

Wow Beth such a striking card! Great job!