Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Papertrey's Ripe Avocado!


I wonder if I order stamping things just because I love to open the boxes. There is something so...so...so... well, I don't know what the emotion is, but there it is every time I open a box with color pouring out.
Ripe Avocado is one of Papertrey's October releases. It is a beautiful color, and one I think I will go to often. The ribbons are some of the best PTI has released to date.
'Regal' was the word that came to me as I was undoing the ribbons- and that reminded me of the Anna Griffen style. I had some of her paper and stamps, and lo and behold- the 2 new colors looked pretty good with this one!! I also used SU's So Saffon (or was it Apricot Appeal??) and the threading Water punch by Fiskars. I sewed a thread through the center of the Swiss Dots ribbon, and pulled at both ends to get the ruched ribbon. 97 glue dots hold the bow in place.
Since I work with babies and new moms, I know what the card is all about~ but let me know if you think I should put a little bald head sticking out of the basket, lol lol!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOOOOoooooohhhh!!!! AAAAAaaaahhhhh!!! OOOOOooooohhh!!
AAhh! oooohh!


oooohhhhh!

Babies-Beth said...

Gee, I guess Claire liked it just a wee bit...

Annapurna said...

I guess she did. I like it too. Especially if another Anna designed that paper. It is gorgeous. This color is the one I am going to get when I get to the PTI side.

Very nicely done!

Jak Heath said...

just perfect! everything works so well together. I'm loving the paper you've used and the ribbon is so scrumptious.

Anonymous said...

love it! so elegant and the ribbon is perfect!

Anonymous said...

This one looks like it should go into a very special place in a baby's room--definitely flavors of 'heirloom' to the look. Great work there, and it came together beautifully.


Oh, did I tell you that I like it, too?