Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Circles and Stars

I really need to write things down when I make a card, since I seem to forget pretty quickly what I used!! Where oh where did that sentiment come from???

For the past couple of years I have only used SU or PTI card stock for cards, but when I first started in card making, I bought lots of premade cards- this blue one has been sitting for about 3 or 4 years, I bet. I have been cleaning out to take things to a yard sale, and this fluttered out- unfaded like many were, and just asking to be a baby boy card and go up to the hospital! so, I complied!!

I love the new embossed papers all over, but wish I'd written on the back who made this one so I could tell you! the ribbon is a piece of the Dots and Checks series from Michael's, and the green layer is SU's Certainly Celery- they match perfectly!

The big star is stamped with SU's Nursery necessities, and the little stars are punched from PTI's bitty Dots in Lemon Tart with SU's smaller punch. Welcome is from PTI's 2008 Anniversary set, and I am pretty sure the 'little star' is from savvy stamps.

My stress levels are even higher this week after the long sleepless day of work and cupcakes- now I am working on a 6 hour lecture that I have to have done by next Monday. I haven't worked with Power Point in a long time... I know how to stamp yellow arrows all over my paper, and overstamp black letters... why doesn't Power Point do it the way I do it, lol!?!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Cute card. Sorry you are so stressed. Hope things slow down for you soon

anya said...

Love everything about this card, Beth! The colors, the simplicity - perfect! :)