Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Papertrey Challenge- What was that stamp?



Papertrey's Challenge 3 weeks ago, Number 47, was to make an image from a stamp not meant to be...use it differently... well, you know what I mean. Create a new image from a stamp. I would like to blame being late on being sick, but well, this one took some thought, lol, and I just haven't felt like thinking!
I used Recipe Box Labels, Green Thumb, and an i from the Simple Alphabet to make my Birthday card. I used Stamper's Select, Hibiscus, and Sweet Blush papers. Now a funny thing happened: I stamped the flower pot from Green Thumb in Vintage Cream on Sweet Blush. Did all of my decorating, but when I went to do my layers I realized the Sweet Blush wasn't Sweet Blush any more- the cream ink altered the color! Too funny! So, the second Nesty layer is actually SU's Pink Pirouette- phew! It matched!
The cake stand is made from 2 flourishes from the Recipe Lables set, stamped in Versamark and embossed with detail silver. I did the small case i the same way, then put teensy dabs of yellow liquid pearls on the tops of the 'i's' for flames.
I've had that beautiful flower ribbon for eons, and the seed beads are from SU's pink set. White liquid pearls did the cake decorating, and a bit of glitter finished it off. Well actually, some Hibiscus Bitty Dots ribbon and a birthday sentiment from Mixed Messages on a CB teeny tag finished it off!
Just for fun, I made it an odd size- 4.25 x 4.25.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a terrific card!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible detail with the layers, flowers and candle flames. You really met the challenge!!!!!!!

Kim said...

Amazing! I'm glad you explained how you made the cake and the stand - I never would have guessed!

Karen H. (kthaman) said...

This is incredibly creative - especially the stand (what an eye!). The flower ribbon is a perfect touch - so pretty!