Thursday, April 16, 2009

An Inspiration Challenge

I was inspired by Papertrey's Casual Midweek Challenge Number 49- an inspiration challenge, see it here. Papertrey does not have these bright colors, although Palette's Beaux Arts Blue and French Lilac would have worked.




This piece had so much potential, lol, but I think I let it down! I had one of those Kaleidacolor ink pads- Riviera. I smeared the multicolored ink pad across the paper, then stamped some of the stems from Papertrey's Life in SU's Whisper White. I smeared clear Stickles around the flowers and let it sit overnight. When I came back the next day- Wow! The glitter had picked up all kinds of color!


Then the badness began- my dang hands messed up the purple layer, then I missed the spot I was aiming for with the sentiment (Papertrey's Birthday Basics).



This is just beautiful close up, with all of the different glitter colors~


Oh well, you get some right some days!

5 comments:

Terri said...

I think it looks great!

BethieJ said...

Oh I like it too Beth... the colors are pretty! I need to check out the PTI challenge! :)

Ok I have made 2 flowers.. and I gotta say I LOVE the BOOK!!! I am so happy I ordered it from Amazon.. I WISH they had the other book.. I think I need it too! LOL!!

Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!

AKiteFlier said...

Hey Beth - I did take all the sentiments out from my SU sets and put them by category - borthday etc. but I don't want to do that with my PTI stamps - since the fonts usually match within the sets and they are so much smaller in the CD cases it's not hard to find the ones I want - that's why the binder is SO handy - I flip through - find the set - pull it out - get the sentiment - (I always leave my PTI case open until all the stamps are back in it) stamp - and I'm good to go. Try it and see if it works for you. Meanwhile _ I love the colors in this card - very pretty! ANd your baby carriage cards are adorable too.

*kathleen* said...

that is very cool!!!

Karen H. (kthaman) said...

Beth I think you did a fabulous job on the inspiration challenge! I love the way the ink fades out along the bottom (that is hard to achieve). Thanks for playing!