Monday, April 20, 2009

I found a duckie!

Where did I find this Flower Soft duckie? Downstairs on the kitchen counter! Did it waddle down there all by itself? Guess so!! I worry sometimes what else might be stuck to me when I go out shopping, lol lol lol! Even the bank ladies know when I have been making cards- covered in glitter, of course!!

Nichole Heady showed how to do these bows on her blog; you can see her version here. I show you her entry knowing that if you click on it, you may spend so much time there you won't come back, lol! So here is my version of the bow made by tieing the floss around the ribbon, just scrunching it together. Easy!!

The center square was made by putting thinner cs (sorry, don't know what brand!) through the Cuttlebug with the little square embossing die. It then tears off of the cs easily- The little duck is punched with an EK Success punch from lemon Tart (Papertrey), then covered in Lemon Flower Soft, and adding a seed bead eye. The beak was colored with a SU marker.

I forget who made the sentiment at the moment, but it is punched out with the SU word window punch. The paper is a scrap I had, but the ribbon is SU's Brocade Blue grosgrain, ink is Brocade Blue as well.. Button is Close To My Heart white.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOhh cutie fuzzy wuzzie wee thingy wingy!

BethieJ said...

SOOOO CUTE! I need to get some yellow!
Have a great day Beth!

Cheryl said...

What a cute card! I especially like the detail on your square.

Mary said...

Great blog.... love your work. TFS